Lonely Bits Games
Based in Fougeres, France
April 26th 2014
WARNING: Please note that this game is in early access state and not advanced enough to be reviewed yet.
Originally developed by one person and using a custom made game engine, Dangerous Rays is a single player FPS game with some survival components inspired by the S.T.A.L.K.E.R* game series, where you play as a normal citizen that survived a nuclear disaster. After some years in your fallout shelter you need to get out because you start to run out of food. It is time to confront the new world and discover what happened and how the whole society is now changed.
Explore the huge procedurally generated world of the available "Free Roam" game mode to find food, water, guns and everything else you'll need in order to survive in this ruthless world.
A "Story" mode is being worked on and Mxthe who is the developer of the very popular "Underhell" source engine mod is the creative director of this single player story. This game mode will be released at the end of the year.
The game support extensive modding possibilities and a 3D world editor will be provided in September so players will be able to make their own stories for this game mode and share them with other players providing hours of bonus gameplay. Last but not least if the game is getting popular enough we might even add some coop mode at some point.
Dangerous Rays is currently in early alpha access and we need your support to be able to continue the development and make a great game. The game has been Greenlit and will be released on Steam in the near future.
2011Dangerous Rays development is started.
2014February: Lonely Bits Games is founded.
March: Dangerous Rays is publicly announced.
April: Dangerous Rays Alpha 1 released.
May: Mxthe join the devteam.
July: Big alpha 14 update released.
August: Dangerous Rays is Greenlit by Steam.
- Custom made game engine especially made for PC and this game genre.
- Very active development with regular updates.
- Professional dev team with some past work in the game industry.
- "Free Roam" game mode featuring an huge procedurally generated world, explore thousand of kilometers.
- "Story" mode directed by Mxthe the famous creator of "UnderHell" Source mod. (Not available ingame yet)
- Advanced Graphics (Deferred rendering, HDR, SSAO, Color Grading, Godrays...)
- Survival gameplay components.
- Realistic daycycle and weather simulation.
- Physically based interactions powered by PhysX 3.
- Advanced weapons simulation and ballistic.
- Complex AI navigation system based on navmeshes.
- Extensive modding possibilities.
- And more...
Dangerous Rays Steam Greenlight Trailer YouTube
Dangerous Rays Pre-Release Gameplay Video YouTube
Weapons/Ballistics Demonstration Video YouTube
First Look Gameplay Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Consisting of only one individual, this independant studio might surprise some people."
- Game Side Story [FR], http://www.gamesidestory.com/
- "Lonely Bits Games made a great thing with Dangerous Rays."
- Indius [FR], http://indius.org/
- "I don't think I've seen any procedually generated stuff that looks quite as nice as this !"
- IndieDB Community Member, http://www.indiedb.com/games/dangerous-rays
Request Press Copy
Please send us your request to email@example.com.
About Lonely Bits Games
Lonely Bits Games is an independent game development studio founded in 2014. We are focusing on making great and affordable PC games.
Our goal is to make good and affordable indie PC games for those who love PC gaming. We are trying to provide true PC games and all the good thing that goes with it like extensive modding support for example.
Lonely Bits Games is 100% indie, we are managing everything from the core game development to the marketing and distribution.
We want to provide as many services and goodies we can to our players, we update our games frequently and for free. Players are always informed about the latest information by our newsletter system. We don't use the newsletter system for advertising, we use it only to give you important information to regarding the game you bought. You might even receive some voucher codes, so you can give it to your friends.
We have plans to distribute various free goodies like tee-shirts by organizing players contests in the future.
It is very important for us to have a good flexibility and to cope with the latest technologies whenever we can, that's why we are developing games with our own in-house game engine.
To ensure optimal service, we host our websites and distributes our games by using specialized and high performance servers localized in europe and north america.
Support And Public Relations
We like contact with people, if you have any problems with our games and our websites just send us an email and we will answer your request as fast as possible. If you are a webmaster, journalist, youtuber... and you want to discuss about projects related to our games just get in touch with us, we will gladly discuss about them. Even if we are "French Froggies" we will answer you in English, and French obviously :)
If you are a webmaster and you want to make a community website related to one of our games, we can provide free hosting services for your project.
More information on Lonely Bits Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Dangerous Rays Credits
Franck Poulain (OldSnake)
Founder / Project Lead / Programmer / Game Designer
Jeremy Faucomprez (Mxthe)
Creative Director / Game Designer / Level Designer